Saturday, January 30, 2010

ACRYLIC NAILS! 1/30/10

A week ago I had nails put on again!   When I was working at a Title Company, in a department that brought me before the public, I began having my nails done so my hands would look a little bit nicer.  Actually they looked a whole bunch better!

Since I retired I haven't been on inclined to spend the time or the money caring for my nails.  I had learned to live again with broken, peeling, chipped and just plain ugly nails. Never was good at keeping them polished but I did file them, until a week ago.  During the process of cleaning my house for expected company I must have broken every nail except for my thumbs.

I called Julie who for well over the past 8 years, had a station at the beauty salon where I have my hair done.  She was more than willing to put on a set of acrylic nails and I thought that would be all I needed.  But now, I think am hooked again.  My hands look so much better and so far I don't even have age spots, just lots and lots of freckles. Why shouldn't my hands look nice?

The last few days Jim and I have spent time with my brother Lynn and his wife Kathleen.  We were celebrating our anniversaries!  I am glad I decided to fix my hand dilemma because this was to be a special time for me, as well as for all of us and I especially wanted to look good for Jim.  Nothing perks a gal up as much as getting a perm and a manicure.  I did both!

48 years ago Jim and I were married; 38 years ago Lynn and Kathleen were married!  Even though January in Oregon is not quite the same as being in California, we enjoyed our celebration, which could be because of the company we were keeping and because of the spectacular view of the ocean from our windows. The Oregon coast has many perks!  The smells and the ambiance is always enticing and the shops are delightful. 

When God instituted marriage, He designed it to last for the life time of the couple. When God instituted marriage He designed it for a man and a woman.  When God instituted marriage He meant for it to be a lasting legacy passed down for generations.  I have loved being married!  I have loved being a mom!  I love being a Grandma and I love being a family! 

"Let marriage be held in honor among all."  Hebrews 13:4a  God designed marriage because it was to be viable between a man and a woman.  "And Jesus said to them the sons of this age marry and are given in marriage; but those who are accounted worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage."  Luke 20:34-35 From this scripture we know that when we die our marriage is over here on earth, but we will know more when we enter our eternal life in heaven.

"And God blessed them, and God said to them "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it."  Genesis 1:28a   I believe this scripture is clear that God designed marriage for a man and a woman because only a man and a woman can multiply and fill the earth.  Todays thinking is completely off the wall; thinking that the marriage bed between two men or two women can produce anything but abomination is ludicrous.  Later on in Genesis 9:1 God tells Noah and his family the same thing.  So time doesn't change anything because God is the same yesterday, today and forever!  This is the legacy that is passed down from generation to generation.

"Happy is the pair that gives much thought to being well acquainted, both before marriage and afterwards; For to be married to a stranger fills the heart with loneliness, but to be married to one who is also a friend, makes marriage and friendship more sweet."  Leland Foster Wood   I encourage all who read this to be kind to one another  Enjoy the relationship of marriage to the fullest.  Dreaming together at the beginning; making memories; and growing closer as the years go by are gifts from God.    By Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/30/10

Whe

No comments: