Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HIDE AND SEEK!

No matter how old you get, those who are my age will never forget playing out doors and especially at night. The sun has gone down; the few street lights would shine brightly; the neighborhood kids would gather around one and before you knew it we were playing truth or dare; red rover; kick the can or hide and seek....Such fun and oh what memories! I don't recall very many kids being considered obese!

I believe all kids go through a phase of telling lies and hiding things. They were always willing to be tattle tales but could easily lie to save their own skins and even hide when they were caught in something they shouldn't. I know you all have been there, because I was! You all will agree that when you learned to read, you found out a lot of things. Things that were exciting and things you shouldn't be reading. When I began to read God's word for myself, I became convinced God knew me inside and out.

I realize this passage is in respond to Reuben and Gad's families wanting to settle on the other side of the Jordan. They promised Moses and God to continue helping all of Israel to take possession of the promised land but meanwhile they wanted to begin taking possession of Jazer, Gilead and beyond. Moses agrees with their request but only if they kept their promise to take up arms and continue in the Lord's battle. "But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the Lord; and be sure your sin will find you out." Numbers 32:23 This verse was one of the most enlightening passages I had ever read in the Bible as a young girl; something I would never forget!

Have you ever thought about your sins being found out? Have you ever thought that the things you have done in secret and have kept hidden could be found out? Have you ever wondered if anybody knows? Let me tell you; someone knows! God see's in secret! All things are revealed to God! I am one who believes that God chooses not to know what we are going to do and where we plan to go but he finds out one way or another. God chooses to let us live our lives and he chooses not to know how we are going to live it until we do it.

I have chosen to let my life be an open book! Even if you can't see what I am doing, believe me, I will have already told Jim and if you are around I will eventually get around to telling you. I can't eat in secret, I can't walk out of a store with something in my pocket without going back inside and making it right. I always check the sales slip and if charged too much or not charged enough I will take it up with the sales girl. I want my transactions to be above board and I do not want to worry about being found out, because I know God already knows.

"He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully; He will receive blessings from the Lord and vindication from the God of his salvation." Psalms 24:4-5 This shows the character of God's people. Before we seek God's face we must come with repentance and requesting forgiveness so that we can stand before our Lord with clean hands and a pure heart.

I used to think my Mother had eyes in the back of her head, because she always seemed to know what we were doing; even if she wasn't around. She had so many children to keep track of, how did she do it? She had spies! A neighbor called her at work to let her know if her children were not behaving well at home while she wasn't there. Can you believe that!

"But the hour is coming and now is,when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth." John 4:23 To worship in spirit and truth is to leave our carnal nature behind. Believe me, you do not like it when someone tries to deceive you so don't try to deceive God. Clean hands and a pure heart is our hearts desire! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/9/10

No comments: