Friday, January 15, 2010

ALL THINGS COME TO AN END!

An opportunity has opened up for me to teach a women's weekly Bible Study. A passion I have developed, through all my training as a Sunday School teacher, which didn't take hold of me until I became involved with teaching women. I began teaching when I was 18 years old. I had a bunch of rambuncticus Kindergartners. I love it and found I had hidden creative juices just bursting at the seams to be used. Through the years I have been in every class room afforded me and never anticipated teaching adults.

We had a young woman with many children attending our church, who's live style was not wholesome. She had some children who had been attending our Sunday School. I wanted desperately to reach her. I became encouraged by her regular attendance and knew she was searching for answers. I requested to start a women's Sunday School class and teach on the "Women of the Bible." I felt I could show how God used women of many ethnic and diverse backgrounds to do his work. I wanted to show that when Jesus Christ came, he elevated womanhood to a higher level and placed them in his kingdom right along side men. I wanted to cause the scriptures to jump out and to speak for themselves to lead her and other women to an understanding that God is truly love and is waiting with baited breath to forgive the worst of sinners and to bring them into his family with peace, understanding and most of all forgiveness.

After many years, this young woman came to the Lord! Not thru me per se, but through God's word. She said I made it easy for her to understand! At the same time something happened to me! I fell in love with God's word eagerly; with the desire to learn more; to understand how I could become the woman God had created me to be. What happened is that I had allowed the Holy Spirit in and He was revealing to me, in so many ways, His desires for me. I not only wanted to teach the world to sing but I have learned to discern His word, so I can speak it with adults and not just children; I also could write my thoughts down. I know I am not brilliant, nor am I a great orator. I teach simply, so that others might understand! I am not profound! My passion for God's word has become a staple in my life. My passion keeps me wanting to keep, keeping on.

God gave me a great companion, because not only does Jim have a passion and understanding for God's word which far exceeds many, he has taught me! That is how I have learned! SOOOoo it brings me to a new direction again in my life. My blogging days will be limited! Mondays thru Fridays will be a thing of the past and Morning Glory will appear on Saturday and Sunday mornings only, beginning on the 23rd and 24th of this month. I hope you, who have been following, will continue but since I don't know who most of you are; I just want to say Thank you! Thank you for letting me share with you my stories and God's word! Thank you for enabling me to continue to grow in My Christian walk through such a technological way! What a time to be alive!

Please let me know your stories. You can find me on face book! Meanwhile; May you discover the path God wants you to take by getting deep into His word and; "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman needing not to be ashamed, but rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 So until the next time; May God richly bless each of you and; May the Lord watch between me and thee, while we are absent one from the other." Genesis 31:49b
By Jane Ann Crenshaw 1/13/09


No comments: