Sunday, February 21, 2010

GOD'S FAVOR! 2/21/10

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 I love these words of the Lord and I have tried to do just what this scriptures says to do.

"For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor. No good thing does the Lord withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of Host, blessed is the man who trusts in thee!" Psalms 84:10-12

I believe the Lord knows best. No matter how we see a situation, God knows best! That is why we are to trust in Him and not lean upon our own understanding. I have been at the feet of Jesus for many, many months bringing before Him my brother Lynn. I have cried; I have sobbed; I have smiled in remembrance and today I come with heartfelt thanks.

I wrote that Last Sunday afternoon! The decision to do surgery was to take place this last Wednesday morning. Just as my brother and his wife were preparing to leave for the Hospital on Tuesday morning, for the all of the pre operative appointments, they received a call from the scheduler. This is the person who schedules for the Oregon Health and Science University Hospital. They were cancelling Lynn's surgery for approximately 6 weeks so that an appointment could be made with one of the OHSU Cardiologists. He will see Lynn before surgery and perhaps be available during surgery. WOW!

When God reveals Himself in such a transparent way, we can't help but sit up and take notice. This is what Lynn and Kathleen have been asking for all along. This was one of their major prayer requests! One of Lynn's obstacles is his heart! And now they say, the same surgery can be performed later as well as now. How awesome is our God! WOW!

When I began this Morning Glory for my blog, last Sunday, I didn't know what the outcome of the surgery would be but I knew that whatever happened, God would be there. I felt the peace that passes all understanding and was so excited when Kathleen called, and when I talked with Lynn. They had been so tired; but now filled with anticipation, because of what God has done once again. Seeing a blessing when it happens, creates in God's people, blessings without measure!

Kathleen writes; "Once again, we're in a holding pattern. What a roller coaster ride! We are trusting God and know that He has a plan. Actually, it's rather exciting to see God take us to the edge of the cliff, then pull us back with His gentle staff." There is an old song that says; "Prayer is the key to heaven, but faith unlocks the door." Thank you all for your faith and prayers! Thank you for praying for a brother and sister that most of you don't even know, but because of your faith and prayer, they have been strengthened by your love and concern.

Uncertainty causes us to pause when we pray. We know that the Spirit can intercede for us. "And He who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be yours as well." Matthew 6:33 What are these things that will be ours? They are things we need, to live and all the things that God says is good for us. Jesus continues in verse 34; "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." I have a postcard sitting on my bookcase in my bedroom. I see it every morning and every night. "Don't worry about tomorrow, God is already there!" By Jane Ann Crenshaw 2/17/10

1 comment:

Tony Mejias said...

Sister Kathleen, my wife and I will be praying for you and Lynn.
God bless you both, Tony