Thursday, April 23, 2009

BLONDS ARE DIZZY?
On our first visit to Oregon
my brother Lloyd took us to the famous Southern Oregon Vortex. He couldn't tour with us because he would not be able to walk on the uneven walk ways nor would he be able to stand within the spherical field of force that would surround us. So we took off by ourselves. After we moved to Oregon we went again, many times. The second time we went, we were amazed. Things had changed! I felt light headed and a little dizzy. When we approached the building that had slid down the hill, I had to hold on and steady myself before trying to go in. The events this time were changed because of the effects from Mt St Helen’s eruption which caused the magnetic force to change the spherical field of force. They had trouble getting the broom to stand on end. We could still see the change of height simply by changing places with each other and the golf ball still rolled up hill only a little slower.

Since I retired I have experienced vertigo! This is an inner ear imbalance which is caused by free floating debris getting into the Filicales. Three times I went to the ER. The last time I treated myself with head exercise and medication that had been given to me the previous times. Nobody likes being dizzy, especially when it is accompanied with nausea and discomfort. The best thing I found was to sit with my head planted to the back of the chair and try not to move it. Being dizzy is not fun nor is it something you desire to be!

I know you have heard about dizzy blonds and probably retold many of the made up stories about their empty headedness and their crazy antics. However, I have known many blonds who were very intelligent and creative. Being a dizzy blond is merely a colloquial for being confused and giddy whereas being dizzy is having vertigo.

When writing a will or other important documents requiring a mentally stable person, it
begins with; "being of sound mind". When we make important decisions it is necessary for us to be of sound mind. Not confused, giddy, caught in a spherical field of force or dizzy! Many times we let our emotions make important decisions when we should be using our heads. Our emotions fluctuate with the moment whereas our minds should be steady and know the benefits and /or the repercussions to follow. Our minds are the processors of pointing out facts, disclosures and to reveal what is truth.

I love Proverbs because it always says what man will do and then says what God will do. Like in Proverbs 16:9; " A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps". How about Proverbs 14:33; "Wisdom abides in the mind of a man of understanding, but it is not known in the heart of fools". In speaking about tongues, Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:14-15 says that when he prays with the spirit he also prays with the mind; when he sings in the spirit, he also sings with his mind; but when you speak in tongues, your spirit may speak but your mind remains still. In Romans 8:5-8 Paul reminds us that those whose mind is on the flesh is hostile to God and they shall face death. But those whose mind is set upon the spirit will have life and peace. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God! One of my most favorite scriptures is Colossians 3:2; "I should set my mind upon the things above and not on the things of this earth". These words, get me through trials and sends Satan packing when he thinks he has made residence in my mind.

Next time you are in worship don’t let the emotion carry you away but listen to the words of the songs, hear the prayers and the scriptures that would be read and set your mind on things of God and His glory. We need to prepare our minds before we worship and take communion. Feel His presence ever near and know that being in the house of the Lord can be one of the most spiritual places on earth. By Jane Ann Crenshaw 10/23/08

No comments: