Friday, April 24, 2009

Every moring my prayer list seems to grow and grow. So much heartache is going around and it touches all families. Our Father has said that he will never leave us nor forsake us. How comforting to know that no matter what our condition, our Father will always love us. I find that it is important to seek the face of our Father not only in our lows but in our highs. Seeking His face and knowing that we will always find Him makes these heartaches easier to face.
LET’S JUST IMAGINE!
Have you ever closed your eyes to relive something that happened to you that was so wonderful you wanted to relive it over and over again. I have! I remember the first time Jim kissed me. A week before, I had told him I liked him but that was all. I knew I had hurt him which made me hurt. The following week he brought me home from the College and Career’s group. I walked up the steps and turned to say good night and he took a hold of my shoulders and kissed me. He kissed me twice and then he turned around and walked away from me. I stumbled into the house and just stood there! Then I sat down and that is where my sister found me when she arrived home. I couldn’t get that kiss out of my mind and to this day I remember it most vividly.
Have you ever imagined what you would do if you won the Lottery? Dixie, a friend of mine and I had decided that if either of us won the Lottery we would have the church parking lot paved. A big project and very costly but we could afford it if we won the Lottery! Have you ever wanted something so much you could almost taste it, smell it or even pretend you already have it? Every time I want something I go through that! When we found our first house and thought perhaps we weren’t going to get it, I was devastated! Trying to find floral carpet but at the time they only sold it to restaurants. They still don’t have a good quality for homes! Instead of buying off the lot, we ordered a car and then had to wait! How about before ultra sound, and you are pregnant! You want whatever comes but you already have 3 boys! Our eyes are always bigger than our stomachs but we can’t help wanting anyway.

Have you ever closed your eyes and let your mind drift so that you could picture something that could and would be ultimately pleasing to you? Let’s do that! After you read the following, I want you to close your eyes and let these words wash over you with a memory that will never leave you. Imagine Jesus, Himself, stooping down to wash your feet - to serve you. Imagine yourself sitting near the front door and Jesus walks over to you with a basin in hand and towel draped over His arm. As He kneels in front of you, you catch your breath and with a sigh allow Him to pick up your right foot. As He places your foot in the basin, you feel the warm water cover your foot as he begins to wash away the dust and grime that had gathered there from your days journey. He speaks softly to you, so soft that you strain to hear His precious voice as He comforts you. He lifts your foot out of the water and takes the towel and carefully dries your foot. He places your dry foot on the floor and picks up your left foot. He repeats the same process with this foot as He did the other. Again He speaks to you with words of encouragement and thankfulness. After He finishes He smiles at you and your heart skips a beat when you realize that Jesus had just given you His okay. His assurance! His appreciation! WOW!!!

A favorite scripture is Isaiah 40:28-31 It tells me that when I continually remember my Lord and willingly serve Him, He will give me continually new strength and it will be as though I have wings and can fly like an eagle. It says that I will be able to run and not grow weary. That whatever I do in the Lord’s name and by His might I will keep, keeping on and never stop. To feel Jesus so close to me as to wash my feet seems unthinkable. But in our imagination it can become so real! He has promised to be with us always! He has declared His love for us and has shown us His eternal glory! Lift your hearts in thanksgiving for God’s faithfulness and promises which are things we do not need to imagine because they are real. Praise the Lord for who He is and who you have become because of Him. Our day is near! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 5/1/08

No comments: