Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHY NOT ME!
Why do I hurt so bad, Lord?
Why did he have to die, Lord? Why does everything happen to me, Lord? Why is God letting this happen to me? I must live under the ‘Murphy’s Law’ because everything that can happen will happen, to me; "Why Lord?" These questions goes on and on! Many times I say; "Why not me?"

"From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die." Genesis 2:16b_17. We know the story of Eve, the serpent and the fruit from that tree. We know how Eve gave the fruit to Adam and he also did eat. Immediately, verse 17 became a reality and Adam and Eve began the dying process and it has continued throughout the generations of all mankind and will continue until our Lord comes again.

We all agree that death should come to those who are old. We all agree that life should be lived to the fullest and with good health. We all agree that it would be great if we really were invincible. Most of the time we live as though we are invincible, but we are not! We have been walking in the valley of the shadow of death ever since Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So I ask the question; "Why not me?"

Some are born with unhealthy bodies; defects. Some develop unhealthy bodies; disease. Some live to ripe old ages; perhaps taking an aspirin a day. I like to think I will meet again on the other side of heaven, those I have loved this side of heaven,. I like to think that those I have met while passing through this world will join me in the heavenly places where we will be playing in the angel band and singing in the heavenly choir. Celebrating all day, every day because there is no night!

I have lost many who I have loved in my life time and I have many more that will pass on before I do. I don't like it! It hurts to the bottom of my core! Whining about my situation will not change it. Embracing it can make it easier for those around me. I know that words are just words. I want what I say to be more than words. I want to put into action the things that I say because I know God is real and His promises stand forever. His promise of strength is mine!

Sometimes we question whether we are born in sin or if we are born with sin. I suppose many are conceived in sin but we are born with the condition to sin. The scriptures are very clear that all will sin. The scriptures show us the way to God through the sacrificial Lamb on the cross. The cross covers all sin past, present and future but we are to confess those sins daily. The promise of forgiveness comes to those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and are obedient to His word. Don’t get me wrong! If we willingly continue in sin without confessing and forgiveness, we will be lost. Do not procrastinate! God’s grace is the cross!

As I get closer to my day of joining the band and the choir I want to leave knowing that where I am going is better than where I have been. My dear friend, Betty, said; "Because of so many complications, I am going to discontinue dialysis! The Doctor said I will just go to sleep and we know where I will wake up."

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all healing/comfort; He comes alongside us when we go through hard times. He then brings us alongside those who are going through hard times so that we can comfort them just as God is there to comfort us" 2 Cor. 1:3-4. Have you played the game; "What if"? What if this happens? What if I have an accident? What if I go blind? This game brings fear into our lives. Knowing Jesus, should take away the fears of living. Knowing Jesus, should take away the fear of dying and death. Knowing Jesus, is what life is all about! Jane Ann

No comments: