Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!
First time in my life
we will not be at our home church for Easter service. Nor will we be involved in the Easter celebration as up-front people. First time in my life we will be traveling during this Christian season. However, because Easter celebration takes place every first day of the week for me, I can do this without trepidations or feeling bad. Instead I am looking forward to visiting with my sister Joyce and her family at their church for Easter. I am looking forward to traveling once again with Jim and my daughter Jennifer. I am looking forward to seeing other members of my family and of Jim’s family, that live far away from us.

Needless to say, I will not be writing in my blog this next week. I am comfortable doing this at home but I am not computer literate enough to do this while traveling. I often wish I knew who were regular followers of Morning Glory. But I leave that up to the Lord! I just tell the stories and He fills in the blanks.

If you are a follower, I will be back on Monday, April 20th. That week will be a series of devotionals that I call potluck. A little of this and a little of that but all will taste good as you savor the goodness of our Lord through His word. If you are just tuning in for the first or second time, take this week to look at previous devotions and the weekly discussions. The first blog you read is always the end of the week so you will have to scroll down to the beginning of a week to start the thought rolling.

I would like to give you something to think about for tomorrow. In the Ukraine at Easter time, they refer to it as ‘the great day’. They greet each other with; "He is risen"! The response is; "He is risen indeed"! How do you refer to Easter? How do you greet each other at this time? How do you respond to a greeting of Easter?

Remember in John 20, when Mary sees the two angels sitting in the tomb? "Woman, why are you weeping?; verse 13. Remember when Jesus comes to Mary and says; "Whom are you seeking?; verse 15. Remember when Mary thinks Jesus is the gardener? Remember when he says to her; "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.!"; verse 17. Do you remember what Mary’s response was? Upon realizing it was Jesus she ran to tell the Apostles; "I have seen the Lord"!; Verse 18.

One of my many favorite scriptures, is when Christ spoke to Thomas. "Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are they who have believed and not seen"! John 20:29. You know, I have believed and not seen and yet I can say with all my heart; "I have seen the Lord!" Jane Ann.

No comments: