Tuesday, September 22, 2009

JOY'S OF BEING A DAUGHTER!
I was born a daughter! Some are born never fully understanding what that means. To be a daughter means that you have begun a school program that is mostly relegated to the home. Usually the school isn't actually available to you until you show signs of interest. The first time you say; "Mommy I help!" Or perhaps it could be; "Me do", is just the beginning!" Mom's teach daughters how to sort, fold, iron and run machines. Mom's teach daughters to dust, sweep, mop and vacuum. Mom's teach decorating skills and how to never throw anything away. There is always room on the wall for another picture. Mom's give cooking instructions and 'how to' books to read!

When the daughter leaves home the school is still open and available for refresher courses and even additional instructions on how to please your man. If she is the right kind of Mom, all of the above is clearly a joy to her soul. If she is not the right kind of Mom, all of the above is a pain and further instruction is; "you are old enough to figure it out for yourself."

When I became the Mom, I not only wanted to teach my daughter these things but I wanted my son to know how to do these things too. Willing sons make good husbands! Jennifer was a "me do" kind of gal. She needed to try it on her own, making her own mistakes and eventually, letting me help her. Jennifer and I live together and we find that the learning has been a little bit reversed. I have learned to let her lead! It's okay to do it her way, as long as I can show her my way. Of course most daughters listen and then do it their way in the end. That's how they become the teachers themselves. My daughter is now my friend! When you become friends, life is good!

Daughter-in-laws come from the same kind of school, but with a different name. Daughter-in-laws never seem to do things the same way that the Mother-in-law does them, because they are very much their Mother's daughter. Her techniques are a little different! Even though both techniques are different the same objective is reached. I have a daughter-in-law who is a pure delight to her in-law's souls. She supports her husband in his successes and failures. She is ready to pick up the pieces when her sons appear to be broken. She works, cleans, cooks, runs a taxi service. Performs in stage productions and leads Sunday Morning Worship with her husband. Her schedule is a busy one and it reminds me of when I was in her shoes. Faye knows where she wants to go and does her best to get there. We are friends! When you become friends, life is good!

Many have read Proverbs 31 about the woman of virture. This woman started out as a daughter. To paraphrase verses 28-31 it says; "Her children respect her and her husband praises her. Many other daughters have been noble but you, woman of Proverbs, excel them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain. But the woman who fears the Lord, shall be praised! Give her the product of her hands and let her works praise her in the gates." Obviously, this woman went to 'Daughter school' and 'Daughter-in-law school' where she graduated with flying colors!

Matthew 10:34-35 Jesus says; "Do not think I came to bring peace. I did not! I came with a sword! I will set man against his father, daughter against her mother and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." In verses 37-38 Jesus also says; "He who loves his family more than Me is not worthy of Me." However verse 39 says; "He who has found his life shall lose it and he who loses it for my sake shall find it." For Mom's, daughter's school is fun! For daughters, daughter's school is a life long challenge. But the joy that comes in the morning is from the Lord! He blesses those that belong to Him! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 7/29/08

No comments: