Friday, January 30, 2009

Before we finish up this week, I want to let you know that I will be gone 2/5 thru 2/10, however I have a subject which I will begin with tomorrow. It is a heavy subject and some elements of it celebrated it's becoming a law some days ago. Abortions! Please check in and see what God has to say about the plague that has destroyed more lives in our generation the dreaded word 'cancer'.
WHY MARRIAGE?
The thought of marriage
always filled me with the idea of giving up my freedom. I wasn't sure exactly what freedom I was giving up, except I wouldn't be able to do whatever I wanted to do. However, I really was never able to do whatever I wanted to do anyway. Some of the things cost money and other things I didn't want to do by myself. When I did get married, I discovered I had more freedom than I ever imagined. But then I am among the blessed ones who married a man who sought God's word and discovered that God had lots to say upon the subject.

Those who follow God's teachings know that marriage is viable. It is able to maintain lives that come together in one purpose. It is the first institution God created for mankind! God feels that marriage can bring happiness not only to the man and his wife but for his whole household.

Someone once told me that after the first five years of marriage and the rosy glow has
worn off you will then love each other as brother and sister. Heaven forbid! If I wanted to be married to a brother or sister I could have stayed single. With 7 brothers and 6 sisters, there were plenty to go around. Becoming adjusted to the give and take in marriage is not easy. It is not easy making number one in your daily routine, pleasing your mate. Becoming accountable to someone day in and day out is also not an easy task. But these things are all viable!

God created man and woman for marriage and home. Interestingly enough in Genesis 2, God created Adam and Eve as adults and then God says that man should leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife. That phrase, in God's word is for us! This was God's idea of marriage. One man and one woman!

In Colossians 3:18-21 God goes further with His plan. The wife should submit to her husbands authority; The man is to love his wife and care for her as he would care for himself; Children are to be raised to obey their parents; Parents are to be sure to discipline their children. Note that in verse 17 which precedes these verses says; "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him". Note in verse 23 following these verses God says; "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not unto men". In Ephesians 5:22-6:9 God's instructions are given in more detail as Paul encourages the Ephesians. In 5:31-32 it says; "For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church". When we accept Christ and become a part of His church we are to leave our Fathers and Mothers and cleave unto Him and we shall become one, just as Jesus and His Father are one.

Our world, that we are a part of says; "Marriage is not just for man and a woman but
should include same sexes. A man should be able to marry a man or a woman should be able to marry a woman". Well, I suppose a man can marry a man and a woman a woman, but it is wrong! Their marriage is not viable! It can not sustain itself! It is not productive nor can it ever be. God knew what He was doing when He instituted marriage between a man and a woman. Man hasn't a clue as to what he declares is good because man is not in himself good. God made man to be good! But because man's desires rules his head, he has become clueless as to what is best for him. The husband was not created to be the wife, nor the wife created to be the husband. It is okay to share these rolls because we are helpmates! But when we live our lives as God has outlined for us, there is hope even for the marriage that appears to be in trouble. Yes; marriage is a good thing, created by God, for us to enjoy! By Jane Ann Crenshaw 10/2/08

No comments: