Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHERE AM I?
I began my walk with Jesus
when I was 10 years old. I didn’t understand all that would entail at that time but as the years passed by I found myself in many struggles. I wanted what my friends had and I wanted to become someone. These desires were vague, because I didn’t know what I wanted and/or who I wanted to become. At one point I thought about mission work. For a time I wanted to be a singer. I really never thought about getting married because I didn’t date much. Even though in Jeremiah God says; "I have a plan for you" He is talking about a plan where He is in your life. With the life we choose, God says; "Okay, I can take you where you are and make you more than you even thought you could be; but to do that, you have to turn your life over to me".

Turning our lives over to God is something that seems far reaching. Actually, it is merely accepting Jesus Christ and learning to be obedient to His word. It seems hard when you start but as soon as you get the hang of it, it becomes more and more, a way of life. Becoming righteous is merely doing what is right. It is saying; "What would Jesus do"! You become circumspect as to where you go, who you hang out with; the way you dress and the way you walk and talk.

What would Jesus do, if he was asked to linger longer at the party and break the curfew? What would Jesus do, when you witnessed a shop lifter in action? What would Jesus do when the clerk gave him too much change? What would Jesus do if he saw a lawbreaker intimidating the store clerk, a passerby or a child waiting for the school bus? Come on now, you can think of many incidents that you could ask yourself; "What would Jesus do"?

I would like to think that when I quietly ask; "Oh God, help me"; that I would listen and pay attention to his response to my call. I would like to think that When God says in Jeremiah 36:13; "When you seek my face, you will find me and I will hear your prayer" that I will believe Him. I would like to think that when I send Satan packing, I will feel the presence of our Heavenly Father and know that He is with me and will not forsake me.

I am comfortable knowing that what Jesus would do is also something that I can do. Jesus said in John 14:9b; When you have seen me you have seen the Father". According to Acts 2:38, on my acceptance of Jesus Christ through baptism, I was promised the gift of the Holy Spirit. Some day I will be able to say; "When you look at me, you are seeing Jesus. That day is the day when I will have been perfected in Jesus Christ! Oh to be like Christ, should be our theme! Jane Ann

No comments: