Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I know you are wondering about our subject this week. It's okay! I realize I don't know all the answers and don't pretend to be wise in all matters. But it is a subject that comes up often where two are three are gathered together.
ONE OF THE FAMILY!
Many have pets and their world moves around them, especially in their homes If you go on vacation, you need to make special arrangements to care for your dog or cat. If you take them with you, it is necessary to stay in places that will allow for animals. I remember my son Dan and his wife Faye house setting some years ago. They also were taking care of the owners rabbit. Sad to say their dog Bear wanted to play with the rabbit and thus the rabbit never made it to page two of the story. I can't say that the rabbit went to heaven. Can you?

How many of you have a 'Pet Cemetery?" Have you ever considered laying to rest, your pet in an established 'Pet Cemetery?" Why do we become so attached to our pets? For me, I think it is because they are like children who need to be cared for and they respond with such love and devotion. Genesis 1:25-31 tells us that God said after He created animals that they were "Good!" He created the animals the same day he created man; "the sixth day!" I wonder if that is significant! I think God had a purpose for animals because he had Adam name them all.

All I know is that since moving to Oregon we have lost many of our furry animals. We have also lost all of our old beach towels because that is what Jim would bury them in. The first was Frosty and the last was Scruffy. I am like any other woman who loves their animals. I cry for days on end. I mourn those little friends! I also can't forget them!

I wonder if because God created the animals and put them under subjection of Adam and subsequently all men, that animals were created for man alone and not for God. If so that would indicate they probably would not find their place in heaven. But then God made Eve out of man and placed her in subjection to Adam and she has a place in heaven. However, Adam and Eve were both natural and became spiritual. I wonder if God would see that if it would please the redeemed, that perhaps He could find a place for man's best friends in heaven.

Here on earth, we worry about things that have no relevance to our eternal life. Once we reach the heavenly shores, our attention will be focused on Him who sits on the throne. We can only be responsible for accepting the room that has been offered to us. We are going to want to be in the choir singing; Holy, Holy, Holy! I know if I should find Miss Frosty in heaven or any of the others who have given us much pleasure, what a day that would be!

"And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God and Me, Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:2b In Jesus' prayer to His Father, He is going over his purpose on earth and what it will mean to the whole world. Eternal life means we will live in heaven when we leave this world. We are the ones who have chosen Jesus Christ as our personal savior, not our furry friends. Inasmuch as animals can never know Jesus and God as the scriptures speak, wouldn't that mean, they won't be in heaven? The only way we will ever know is when we have made our reservations to live eternally in heaven and walk through those golden gates. We know that all things are possible with God. We know that He has created our souls to live eternally. We know that all must die! "For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; He will save us." Isaiah 33:22 Jane Ann

No comments: