Friday, July 17, 2009

THE SOLUTION!
I heard a man say that some, in reading the scriptures, read what they believe and then there are those who believe what they read. I believe I am the latter! I know I want to understand and when I can't I just have to believe what I read. On many things scripturally, I am sure and can take my stand and be firm! However on many things I do not fully understand exactly what God is saying, or when He is silent, what He is not saying. We all have our opinions and because we have some knowledge, deccide we are right in our thinking and we agree to disagree.

Those of us who have received an education through the American school system believe that George Washington was our first President and that he had wooden false teeth. Why do we believe that? Because we were taught in the public schools. We were given history books which talked and showed pictures of a man we never saw. The evidence is shown in our historical writings and in museums such as the Smithsonian's which are located in Washington, DC. Why shouldn'we believe it? Our proof is in our school books! We believe what we are taught!

Those of us who lived in the 20th century and now in the 21st have seen and read about the life's and times of many people and events. We read about WW1 and believe all that took place. We read and see video's about WW11 and believe all that took place because some of us were there and the rest of us heard about it from our families who served. It was brought closer to home!

"The naive believes everything, but the prudent man considers his steps." Proberbs 14:15 "The naive inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge." Proverbs 14:18

For many years there was a question about the existence of Sodom and Gomorrah. In the 20th century archeological records were uncovered describing the trade that went on between two cities called Sodom and Gomorrah. Proving once again that the Bible is true!

We all know the story of Egypt's buiding program; using the labor of the Israelites. Remember when Pharaoh punished them because of Moses? He took away the straw and they had to work harder by finding their own including the stubble and root. When they couldn't find anymore straw they had to make bricks out of pure clay. In the 20th century during excavations a wall was uncovered having the bottom coarse's of brick with good chopped straw and a middle coarse with straw that had stubble including their roots. The upper coarse's were brick made with pure clay. Proving once again that the Bible speaks the truth!

I think that most believe what they want to believe. Many do not want to believe and make excuses because they don't want to change their lives nor do they want to be transformed in their thinking. You must first believe that God is, so that you can believe His word is true. You must accept the life of Jesus Christ as the basis of God's truth and then you can believe what you read.

Even though I do not understand all that I read in God's word, I believe it is written for me to strive to understand. However, what I do understand, is so pertinent to my salvation that I refuse to worry about foolish things. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

God's word is written for people! Here is what it says regarding them; "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also; if anyone serves me, the Father will honor him." John 12:24-26 The solution about "Do Dogs go to Heaven" is in God's hands and when we know God, we know we can trust Him!
Jane Ann

No comments: