Thursday, July 2, 2009

RECOGNIZING SATAN!
Fear is not a symptom but a cause. Fear can trigger symptoms of stress and/or anxiety. A person who experiences fear is afraid; fearful of things that are external or of things that have consequences. In other words, being afraid is being fearful! I suppose a person who is fearful is easily frightened which can cause stress or anxiety on many occasions.

I am afraid of many things! I suppose they are called phobia's. I have a fear of heights; being in a mummy sleeping bag; snakes and most creepy, crawly things. Many things I just don't like, but not necessarily, afraid. Spiders are one and flies are another. The only good ones are dead ones. I don't like mice or small animals that run very fast and close to my feet.

Some stress and anxiety can be brought on by medical and/or health problems. These must be handled through the medical profession and not by anything I may say. However, some are commonly brought on by outside forces or by our own mental anquish. When these types of conditions are apparent and making me heavy of heart I turn on Satan. More times than not, he runs away like a scared rabbit. That makes me very happy!

"Resist the Devil and He will flee from you!" James 4:7 In order to recognize Satan we must look at the scriptures that tell us who he is. He has many names and he can cause many problems, especially when he knows where we are most vulnerable.

Many years ago I used a book called "Dealing with the Devil" in teaching the High School SS class. I found it interesting and tried using it. I was not able to actually perfect the instructions until in 1998 when I presented a shorter version to my Ladies class. I began to use a key verse, Colossians 3:2 and then I began to have better control and was able to put Satan in his place. Oh I am not perfect at it and I forget to read the signs, but when I do I can stop him in his tracks and I am always amazed how well it works.

The difference between natural and spiritual is huge. If you are a natural person you already belong to Satan. If you are a spiritual person you belong to Christ. A natural person is of the world and has no fear of Satan because he is the god of this world. A spiritual person has the Holy Spirit within them and therefore God is their world.

"An angel of light" 2 Cor. 11:14; "An adversary" 1 Peter 5:8; "A restless lion" 1 Peter 5:8; "A tempter" 1 Thess. 3:5; "A deceiver" 2 Cor. 11:3; "A hinderer" 1 Thess. 2:18; "A beast" Rev. 19:19; "The god of this world" 2 Cor. 4:4; "Prince of the power of the air" Eph. 2:2 and "father of lies" John 8:44. Being familiar with these names helps us to know when Satan is causing us our fears, stress, anxieties, feeling pressures and even some occasional depressions.

When I recognize his work in me, I yell as loud as I can, whether it is inside of my head or out loud when I am alone. It works! I don't know how it works, but it works! When my problem was induced by medicines it was difficult for me to know my right hand from my left. When my medicines were corrected, I recognized Satan immediately.

In 2nd Corinithians Paul talks about forgiveness and reaffirming our love for the Savior. Then in verse 11 he says when we do this; "It is to keep Satan from gaining the advantage over us; for we are not ignorant of his designs." What does Satan want from us? "So as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he!" I have heard that Satan wants the mind of man because it is the mind that has accepted Jesus Christ and it is the mind that keeps man focused on God.

"You dear children, are from God and have overcome evil because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world!" 1 John 4:4 I love the idea; "Practice the Presence of God!" No matter what is happening in our lives, practicing the presence of God may keep Satan at bay, but surely not in control of our lives. Jane Ann

No comments: